CLICK TO MAXIMIZE / MINIMIZE
The Roxy Theatre Group (RTG), a non-profit arts organization for children, is proud to present Camp Entertainment!: THE CHILDREN’S TRUST offers an 8-week comprehensive performing arts summer camp, in which students will have the opportunity to participate in literacy and performing arts classes and work on a Broadway-style musical revue from the script up! 21st CENTURY COMMUNITY LEARNING CENTERS (21st CCLC) offers a 10-week comprehensive performing arts summer camp, in which students will have the opportunity to participate in literacy, mathematics, science and performing arts classes and work on Broadway productions! Read More
21st Century Community Learning Center:
The Roxy Theatre After School
last updated: 06-02-14
1. As always, our award letter (PDF) can be viewed here.
2. Our Written Formative Evaluation can be found here.
3. Check out our ongoing progress in meeting proposal goals and objectives:
- Pretesting has been administered to gauge students’ current proficiencies in order better determine the effectiveness of the programs offered by The Roxy Theatre Group. Students have been participating in both arts and academic classes to enhance their overall skills.
- Next up is the end-of-year spring showcase!
- Below are pictures from past events, most recently, our production of “Once on This Island”!
For more information, call our front desk at:
CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
The Roxy Theatre Group presents
the Tony Award Winning musical,
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
We apologize to all our patrons for the unexpected interruption on the run of this show. All purchases will be honored. Please check back here or on our Facebook page for further updates.
Based on the 1973 play by Christopher Bond, with book by Hugh Wheeler and music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, Sweeney Todd opened on Broadway in 1979 and has wowed audiences the world over. Awards include four Drama Desk Awards and three Tonys including Best Musical and Best Score.
You won’t want to miss this musical thriller starring a wonderfully talented cast of young actors and musicians representing colleges throughout Miami-Dade County!
Roxy Performing Arts Center
1645 SW 107 Ave Miami, FL 33165
Show Dates: Nov. 8-16
Friday and Saturdays only 8:00 PM
Thursday, Nov. 14 @ 7 PM (special student price $10)
Saturday, Nov. 16 @ 4:00 PM & 10:00 PM (postponed)
No show on Sundays
Single tickets: $20 adults, $15 senior citizens / students w/ ID
VIP Tables ($60 for 2, or $120 for 4, depending on availability): donation includes priority/premium seating, wine or beer and Mrs. Lovett’s meat pies (empanadas)
**Not suitable for young children due to violent content and adult themes.
For tickets call The Roxy Performing Arts Center at 305-226-0030
MAKE THIS FRIDAY 13TH LUCKY!
This Friday the 13th may be your luckiest, if you score tickets for Impromedy’s 16th season kick-off show here at The Roxy Theatre Group featuring some of the best improv players in SoFlo, with special guest, Blake Jenner, coming back to his Miami roots for a good time! Check out Impromedy’s Facebook page for all the deets!
- Tickets officially go on sale on Friday 13, 2013 @ 5:00 PM at the Roxy Theatre
- Only CASH will be accepted so bring those dead presidents
- Absolutely No Camping Out in front of the theatre will be allowed (not even if you bring marshmallows)
The Roxy Theatre Group (RTG) is proud to announce auditions for its 12th theatre season.
Continuing on the success of its newly established performance troupes, RK18, RK Teens, & the most recent, RK JRs, RTG has selected musicals that will be both challenging and fun, offering students of any age an opportunity to either get their feet wet on stage or further hone their craft. We look forward to another exciting year of asking “what’s playing at the Roxy?”
Following are the audition and tentative production dates and times. Auditions are already set, but if you or someone you know cannot make it out this weekend, limited arrangements can be made for makeup auditions. Production dates are also set, unless otherwise noted.