21st CCLC 2010-15
Funded over the past four years by the Florida Department of Education, this program is offered ONLY to South Miami Middle School and Glades Middle School students, free of charge, on a first come, first served basis and eligibility is based on attending these two schools. There are a limited number of scholarships available!
This program offers the following:
• One daily performing arts class, offered Monday-Friday (Classes are on a rotating schedule including dance, acting, and voice.)
• One hour of supervised homework
• One hour of additional literacy offered twice a week.
• One hour of additional science and mathematics offered three times a week.
We are very happy to announce that we have been approved for two new 21st CCLC grants!! For the 2015-2016 School Year, we are excited to partner with two new schools: Paul W. Bell Middle School and Rockway Middle School!
1. As always, our award letter (PDF) can be viewed HERE.
2. Check out our ongoing progress in meeting proposal goals and objectives:
Pre-, mid-, and post-tests were administered and compared to gauge students’ improvement in specific subject areas, to determine the effectiveness of the programs offered by The Roxy Theatre Group.
We’ll soon have pictures from our last show, Xanadu Jr., but for now check out pictures from our productions of Fame Jr. and Into the Woods, Jr., as well as other events from the past program year!