Preview Night: July 25 at 8pm
July 26 – August 4, Fridays & Saturdays at 8pm
Sundays at 3pm
The Roxy Theatre Group’s RK18 Players, under the direction of Andrew Rodriguez-Triana, proudly present the Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award winning rock musical based on Puccini’s opera, La Bohème, with music and lyrics by Jonathan Larson.
A group of impoverished artists struggling to survive in New York City’s Lower East Side, deal with love, loss, AIDS, and modern day life in one truly powerful story.
RENT ran on Broadway between 1996 and 2008, with 5,123 performances and it has toured all over the world, becoming an international cultural phenomenon.
Tickets $15 Adults & $10 Students.
FOR MATURE AUDIENCES.
Roxy Performing Arts Center,
1645 SW 107 Ave, Miami.
[title of show] is the Broadway musical that brought the “how” to get on Broadway…to Broadway. The story follows Hunter Bell and Jeff Bowen (the actual writer and composer) of the musical on a journey to get a completely original musical to the “Great White Way.” Along with their two lady-friends, Susan and Heidi, they write the show in 3 weeks, submit it and wait for the almost impossible to become a reality.
The show is jam packed with hilarious songs about friendship, becoming someone and killing vampires. It’s also the story about 4 people who meet up to do something creative and like all relationships must overcome the trials and tribulations that come with the stress of making it big!
Roxy Theatre Group’s RK18 includes Charles Sothers as Hunter, Andrew Rodriguez Triana as Jeff, Nicole Quintana as Susan and Monica Grimaldi as Heidi.
FOR MATURE AUDIENCES. ONE ENCORE WEEKEND PRESENTATION May, 17 & 18, 2013 @ 8:00PM.
Tickets are only $15 Adults and $10 Students. At the Roxy Performing Arts Center, 1645 SW 107th Avenue. (305)226-0030.
It’s that time again, when the Roxy Voice Teams get the opportunity to collaborate with their peers and create their own musical mashup!
Come out to support this student driven creative effort! Throughout the year, the Roxy Voice Teams hone their singing skills in order to perform around the community at the request of private organizations and the Miami-Dade County commissioners, entertaining all constituents from children at Miami Children’s Hospital to infirmed patients at Baptist Hospital to holiday revelers at a Dade-County Public School Christmas function.
For the Roxy Music Mashup, students get the opportunity to collaborate with fellow Team Members to perform their favorite selections while being being mentored by the professionals on the Roxy Staff or older Voice Team Members. Call 305.226.0030 to reserve or purchase tickets, or just stop by our theatre.
Check out Family Magazine’s Summer Camp Fair
in Pinecrest Gardens on Saturday, March 16, 2013 and meet the cast of Roxy Theatre Group’s productions of Thoroughly Modern Millie and Tarzan® The Stage Musical Based on the Disney Film.
Visit Family Magazine’s webpage for the event details, http://familymagazine.biz/?p=3814. We hope to see you there!
Great little feature about the Roxy Theatre Group’s production of Tarzan® The Stage Musical Based on the Disney Film as featured in the Neighbors Section of the Miami Herald.
1. Disney’s Aladdin: Nov. 9, 10, 11, 16 & 18
2. Andrew Lippa’s Wild Party: Dec. 7, 8, 9, 14 & 15
3. Disney’s Tarzan: Jan. 18 – Feb. 3, 2013
4. Thoroughly Modern Millie: March 8 – 17, 2013
- Fridays & Saturdays @ 8 PM
- Sundays @ 3 PM
Second round of auditions for Andrew Lippa’s Wild Party
Sunday, August 12th starting at 6:00PM with callbacks to follow at 8:15PM
- Will not cast anyone under age 18 due to suggestive content
- Be aware that some roles may require you to wear revealing costumes
- Strong cast of 13 named characters & 6 ensemble; movers, strong dancers, & strong vocalists
- All cast must be able to pick up choreography & stage movement quickly
- For auditions, please bring a headshot, resume, and school schedule (if applicable)
- Bring a non-vocal CD to accompany your 1 musical selection ballad OR 16 bars of an up-tempo musical theatre song
- Choose a song that shows your vocal range
- Dress comfortably for the intense choreography portion of audition. Ladies, bring heels in which you can dance
- No monologues needed- materials provided
- Production Dates: December 7-9 & 14-16
Follow Us On: