[title of show] is the Broadway musical that brought the “how” to get on Broadway…to Broadway. The story follows Hunter Bell and Jeff Bowen (the actual writer and composer) of the musical on a journey to get a completely original musical to the “Great White Way.” Along with their two lady-friends, Susan and Heidi, they write the show in 3 weeks, submit it and wait for the almost impossible to become a reality.
The show is jam packed with hilarious songs about friendship, becoming someone and killing vampires. It’s also the story about 4 people who meet up to do something creative and like all relationships must overcome the trials and tribulations that come with the stress of making it big!
Roxy Theatre Group’s RK18 includes Charles Sothers as Hunter, Andrew Rodriguez Triana as Jeff, Nicole Quintana as Susan and Monica Grimaldi as Heidi.
FOR MATURE AUDIENCES. ONE ENCORE WEEKEND PRESENTATION May, 17 & 18, 2013 @ 8:00PM.
Tickets are only $15 Adults and $10 Students. At the Roxy Performing Arts Center, 1645 SW 107th Avenue. (305)226-0030.
It’s that time again, when the Roxy Voice Teams get the opportunity to collaborate with their peers and create their own musical mashup!
Come out to support this student driven creative effort! Throughout the year, the Roxy Voice Teams hone their singing skills in order to perform around the community at the request of private organizations and the Miami-Dade County commissioners, entertaining all constituents from children at Miami Children’s Hospital to infirmed patients at Baptist Hospital to holiday revelers at a Dade-County Public School Christmas function.
For the Roxy Music Mashup, students get the opportunity to collaborate with fellow Team Members to perform their favorite selections while being being mentored by the professionals on the Roxy Staff or older Voice Team Members. Call 305.226.0030 to reserve or purchase tickets, or just stop by our theatre.
Check out Family Magazine’s Summer Camp Fair
in Pinecrest Gardens on Saturday, March 16, 2013 and meet the cast of Roxy Theatre Group’s productions of Thoroughly Modern Millie and Tarzan® The Stage Musical Based on the Disney Film.
Visit Family Magazine’s webpage for the event details, http://familymagazine.biz/?p=3814. We hope to see you there!
Great little feature about the Roxy Theatre Group’s production of Tarzan® The Stage Musical Based on the Disney Film as featured in the Neighbors Section of the Miami Herald.
1. Disney’s Aladdin: Nov. 9, 10, 11, 16 & 18
2. Andrew Lippa’s Wild Party: Dec. 7, 8, 9, 14 & 15
3. Disney’s Tarzan: Jan. 18 – Feb. 3, 2013
4. Thoroughly Modern Millie: March 8 – 17, 2013
- Fridays & Saturdays @ 8 PM
- Sundays @ 3 PM
Second round of auditions for Andrew Lippa’s Wild Party
Sunday, August 12th starting at 6:00PM with callbacks to follow at 8:15PM
- Will not cast anyone under age 18 due to suggestive content
- Be aware that some roles may require you to wear revealing costumes
- Strong cast of 13 named characters & 6 ensemble; movers, strong dancers, & strong vocalists
- All cast must be able to pick up choreography & stage movement quickly
- For auditions, please bring a headshot, resume, and school schedule (if applicable)
- Bring a non-vocal CD to accompany your 1 musical selection ballad OR 16 bars of an up-tempo musical theatre song
- Choose a song that shows your vocal range
- Dress comfortably for the intense choreography portion of audition. Ladies, bring heels in which you can dance
- No monologues needed- materials provided
- Production Dates: December 7-9 & 14-16
August 1st & 2nd
Appointments begin @ 6PM
Prepare 16 bars from a Broadway musical.
Ages 7 & up are welcome for the various team divisions.
An accompaniment CD (no vocals) is suggested, but NOT required. Media on MP3 players are also permitted.
Sign up at the Front Desk in the lobby of the Roxy Theatre. Call 305.226.0030 or send us an email for more information.
Follow Us On: